Etchells State Championship 2017
Photos courtesy George Vaskovics
|Friday 10 March||Registration and Weigh In||1400-1830||Sailing Office, Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club|
|Saturday 11 March||Competitors Briefing||0900||Clubhouse RPYC Annexe Fremantle|
|Saturday 11 March||Championship Heats||1030 First Warning Signal|
|Sunday 12 March||Championship Heats||0930 First Warning Signal|
|Sunday 12 March||Presentations||90 mins after completion of last race||Clubhouse RPYC Annexe|
Enter this Event
Enter the WA State Championship Here
Entries close on Monday 6th March 2017. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Organising Authority if accompanied by the late fee.
- Friday 10th at RFBYC sailing ops area 1400 to 1830 hours.
- Bring measurement certificates, sail cards and insurance confirmation.
Etchells association membership
- All helms and crew must be paid up members of the Association to sail in the State Championships.
- Helm/owners must be listed on the measurement certificate as owners.
- No exceptions.
Category 7 Equipment required (modified)
- Etchells class rule C5, plus the following
- Cockpit knife
- First aid kit
- Also, please note that lifejackets MUST be warn while afloat.
Mooring arrangements at RPYC Annex
- This year is on a casual basis using the area adjacent to the hoists and the various pontoons adjacent to the club house and finger jetty.
- Bring fenders and light lines for casual wet regatta mooring.
- Briefing at 0900 hours on Saturday.
- Up to 8 races over 2 days. Do the math’s on that and we could be back in around 2.30/3.00pm both days (please don’t hold me to that time).
- We suggest you take enough food and water for that time period.
- Saturday - there will be a sausage sizzle and bar open after racing.
- Sunday - the presentation will be at the Annex after racing. Again we have a sausage sizzle and the bar will be open.
- We are mindful that there will be a desire to drop masts and get ready to shift back up river.
RPYC Annex requirements
- Non RPYC members can pick up a temporary gate plate from Clem Rodgers at the Annex.
- As usual, one car only per boat across the weekend.
- The footprint is small and there are the limitations and we MUST respect the RPYC members that frequent the Annex.
- If you wish to move your boat to the Annex prior to the weekend please give Clem a call to make arrangements. Mob 0418 947 285 or email email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE RE TOWING TO FREMANTLE
- Assistance is required to shift the start boat and marks boats to the Annex on Friday afternoon.
- There is capacity to tow quite a few boats down behind the RFBYC boats. Please let Bruce Maloney know if you would like a tow so that we can make sure all ok with the numbers.
- The boats will return to RFBYC on Sunday after the presentation is complete.
- As per class rule bring the CORRECT tow line or don’t expect to be towed (it is not safe).
- Gill sailing apparel - prizes
- North Sails
- Paul Nelson Wines – prizes and volunteer gifts
- Gage Roads Brewery – beers for the weekend
- Dorsogna Smallgoods – sausage sizzle
- Receo Services