2018 Rockingham Race Regatta
Rockingham Race Regatta - Saturday 08 & Sunday 09 December 2018
Two passage races and one windward-leeward race make up the Rockingham Race Regatta and IRC Youth Cup Series.
In partner with The Cruising Yacht Club, Rockingham and Barchetta in Cottesloe.
Saturday - Dolphin Race, passage from Fremantle to Cottesloe to Rockingham.
Sunday - Windward/Leeward in Cockburn Sound then the Gordon Craig Ocean Race from Rockingham to Fremantle.
Get a taste of the action:
What a great feature in Cottesloe on Saturday morning, in partnership with Barchetta.
Press release (weekend wrap up) - Spinnakers flying along the Perth metropolitan beaches CLICK HERE
Press release (pre-event) - Ocean sailing veterans and the next generation CLICK HERE
PICTURES AND VIDEO
CLICK HERE to view our photo album on Facebook
John Chapman (Sails On Swan) has produced a video of the Offshore yacht racing in North Cottesloe.
CLICK HERE for Competitor Information:
See who has entered, collect race paperwork, race tracking information and newsletter sign up.
CLICK HERE for Spectator information:
How to follow the racing, event media and other interesting goodies.
|POWER SECTION SAIL PAST AND CRUISE IN COMPANY||
|EVENT INFORMATION AND HISTORY||
CLICK HERE for event history and information:
The 2017 video wrap up, race tracking replay, about the races and race history.
- The Rockingham Race Regatta is a Category 4 event, (Cat 3 double handed).
- Two passage races and one windward-leeward race.
- Eligible entrants will be included in the IRC Youth Cup Series. All sailors age 25 and under as part of the crew will go in to a lucky draw for a full set (jacket and trouser) of Gill offshore wet weather gear thanks to event sponsor Gill Australia. Yachts with sailors aged 25 and under will be included in the IRC Youth Cup Series results (bonus scoring with a time factor adjustment on the corrected time) the winning yacht receives a prize for each person in the team regardless of age.
- Passage races in the Rockingham Race Regatta are part of the 42nd Farrawa Cup Series, the ORWA Weekend Series and ORWA Offshore Series (Dolphin Race).
- Power boats will cruise to Rockingham on Saturday, moor overnight in the bay and participate in the social activities ashore.
- Sunday will see the fleet go on a cruise in company for a lunchtime raft up.
2018 ROCKINGHAM RACE REGATTA - IRC YOUTH CUP SERIES
proudly supported by,