The Club's Integrated Environmental Management System document is under regular review and demonstrates the Club's commitment to best practice.
Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club has undertaken the Clean Marina Programme.
CLEAN MARINA PROGRAMME
The Clean Marinas Australia programme is a voluntary campaign to encourage environmental compliance and the use of best management practices for Australia's marina industries. It endeavours to protect our inland and coastal waterways through an accreditation process involving three steps:
- Level 1: The Clean Marina Pledge - a public commitment to improve
- Level 2: Clean Marina - Self Assessment
- Level 3: Clean Marina - Independent Assessment - acknowledges the achievement of rigorous environmental management systems
Operational guidelines for environmental management including processes for pumpouts, hull cleaning, turbidity, remissions, management of wastewater and accidental spills as well as staff training and education of boat enthusiasts.
How can you help the environment?
- Ensure that you bring all your rubbish back to land and dispose of it appropriately. Rubbish bins are distributed throughout the grounds. Please do not put oil and other liquids in these bins.
- Oil must be emptied into the waste oil containers behind the dinghy racks on the lower car park
- Ensure that you recycle.
- Don't scrape your hulls when arriving back to shore
From time to time, the Bosun will provide information on the latest on new products for your boat to assist with our waterways programme. For more assistance, please contact the Bosun on (08) 9286 8200.