Sunday, 1 November | 2:00pm
Members and their guests are invited to come down and view the 2020 Ron Tough Yachting Foundation Pacer Racing Challenge on Sunday, 1 November. Twenty-nine boats will be out on the water, all skippered by sailors who are either members of the WA Institute of Sport (WAIS), the Australian Sailing Team (AST), the Australian Sailing Squad (ASS) or members of the WA State Squad (WASS). These skippers will be paired up with other WASS sailors as well as Optimist and O’pen Skiff sailors.
WA Institute of Sport (WAIS) sailors competing in the RTYF Pacer Racing Challenge are listed below along with the Class they are campaigning in for 2024 or currently sailing in:
- Zoe Thomson – ASS – Laser Radial
- Luke Elliott – AST – Laser
- Lachy Gilmour – ASS – 49er
- Elyse Ainsworth – Laser Radial
- Zac Littlewood – Laser
- Ethan McAullay – Laser
- Caelin Winchcome – Wind foiling
- Chris Charlwood – 470 Mixed
- Amelia Catt – 470 Mixed
- Stefan Elliott-Shircore – Laser Radial (youth)
- Axel Fleet – 29er / 49er (youth)
- Kieran Buctin – 29er / 49er (youth)
- Georgia Payne – Nacra 15 / Nacra 17 (Youth)
A few WASS and WAIS sailors are unable to compete due to exams. In addition, the Tokyo focussed sailors, Matt Wearn, Nia Jerwood and Monique De Vries are all training on the east coast at this time. They will be missed in the competition but understandably they are training for a big event next year.
We are sure to see some fantastic racing amongst these high calibre sailors, and a wonderful spectacle in Freshwater Bay. Please come along and enjoy the afternoon from the top lawn.