Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club seeks a committed, proactive Bar Manager. The Bar Manager will promote and grow the business, assist in hiring and training staff and ensure that members are receiving excellent service. You will manage inventory and resources, ensure that quality and safety controls are followed, create schedules and set business objectives to increase profits and maximize member satisfaction.
It is a demanding and extremely responsible position and as such we require a person who is dedicated, hardworking and has the ability deliver exceptional customer service. Hours are Full-time and include key shifts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
In order to succeed as a Bar Manager, you should be observant and have the ability to think critically and efficiently. You should be a skilled communicator with excellent problem solving, observation and interpersonal skills.
If successful, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and cost-effective running of the bar and assist the restaurant manager, keeping staff satisfied and organised and customers coming back for more great food and service.
To be considered you must possess the following:
- A minimum of five years’ experience working in a bar in a leadership role.
- Must hold an unrestricted approved managers red card.
- Must have current police clearance.
- Beer system knowledge.
You will be required to:
- be enthusiastic and flexible to work Club opening hours, with a diverse background in Bar and Restaurant Management.
- The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and be responsible for exceptional customer service and staff management.
- Managing and leading a team of up to 15.
- A thorough understanding of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene and Staff Training.
- Be rostered over 5 days/nights. Willingness to work a flexible roster during peak hours including nights, weekends and public holidays
- Attend to meetings and administration matters outside of your rostered hours if necessary.
- Perform monthly stock takes.
- Assist in recruiting and appointing new team members.
- Train existing and new team members in all facets of FOH operations.
- Assist in creating marketing plans to build sales.
- Build and maintain relationships with members.
- Ability to apply service recovery promptly.
- Immaculate personal grooming and presentation.
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic personality and winning smile.
If you think that you are suitably experienced and skilled and are super keen to cement your career and be rewarded for your hard work and long hours please apply.
Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club would like to thank all applicants who apply for the position. If you are not invited for interview within 1 month, please consider your application filed for future reference. (Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and used for recruitment purposes only.)