WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION (27 DEC 2018)
Posted: 3 December 2018
Royal Freshwater Bay Yacht Club (RFBYC) is one of Australia’s finest yachting and boating centres and we are looking to identify a Training Centre Co-ordinator to oversee our vibrant Discover Sailing Training Centre. RFBYC aims to cater for every level of expertise from novice through to expert to help grow and support the sport of sailing. The Club’s Training Centre continues to excel with a healthy increase in participation during the 2017-18 Season and was acknowledged as the largest Discover Sailing Centre in Australia. The Training Co-ordinator role is an integral part of our Yachting Operations team helping to deliver courses at the highest level in a positive and nurturing environment.
To efficiently produce and deliver training and participation programs to the members and local community (general public, schools and other local community groups).
This Position reports to: Yachting Operations Manager
Positions reporting to this position: Training Course Instructors
- Experience in a similar Australian Sailing accredited Training Centre position
- A proven record of being able to team build, meet deadlines, initiate change and develop routine and harmonious relationship with all stakeholders
- Ability to analyse operational information and provide detailed assessments of the data with recommendations to enable the Yachting Operations Manager to determine the best options for the club
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to keep stakeholders informed of issues impacting on the services provided by the club
- Excellent computer skills, able to analyse company systems and information; present reports;
- Ability to manage and mentor a team of instructors
- Develop policies, maintain records and effectively communicate via electronic means and social media
- Experience in developing, marketing and conducting training courses
- Ability to perform in public forums including competent public speaking skills
- Provide sail training programs and support services to Members
- Promote the sport of sailing to existing and prospective members
- Manage and co-ordinate the Club's training programs
- Represent the Club by promoting participation and training with Australian Sailing, local schools and relevant organisations
- Appoint and manage instructors and assistants.
- Manage training communication and media
- General duties within the Yachting Operations Department as requested by the YOM
- Day-to-day running of the RFBYC's Training Centre in accordance with Australian Sailing guidelines.
- Day to day financials of the Training Centre.
This is a full-time position and the ability to work weekends is essential. Within these parameters, flexible working hours will be advantageous for both parties.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit your application to include your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, 21 December 2018.