We’ve done a lot, and learnt a whole lot more over the past 6 months. A bit like “Hey we’ve climbed Bluff Knoll, let’s have a crack at Mount Everest…” Much of our new found knowledge is old news, but let’s try & summarise the important things:
1. Stay dry.
2. Take half the food & twice the water.
3. You’ll get over the sea sickness, by the 5th day at latest.
4. Sunfish are a hazard, unless there are whales around.
5. Whales go away after sunset.
6. If the question is ” Should we put up a kite?”, the answer is always “Yes!”
7. If the answer is “No”, you should put in a reef. Maybe two.
8. Everyone has a turn at steering, and even then it can be hard to let go of the wheel.
9. It’s difficult to open a Mars Bar South of 40 degrees.
10. You will get some sleep. Eventually.